Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend photos -- May 22-23

Though I had to work Sunday and most of Saturday was spent doing chores, Chris and I did find time to take two 2.6 mile walks on the New River Trail State Park.

Here are some beauties and what I think that they are. Now, my identification skills aren't that great and Newcomb's just isn't my friend, but this is what I came up with. If you have any suggestions or can correctly identify them, let me know in the comments below.

I think the flower below is possibly a campion of some kind. I'm not too sure. Any ideas?

I couldn't find the fuzzy bloom below or anything that closely resembled it in Newcomb's or our other wildflower book. I'm leaning toward an orchid. Anyone?

I'm certain the purple beauty below is a Virginia Waterleaf:

And, of course, this is a Virginia Spiderwort, one of Chris' favorites:

And the very familiar fire pink:

While I was at work Sunday, Chris ventured out and took some more pictures in Carroll County and our yard. Check 'em out:

Mountain Laurel

Bug on a leaf

Tulip poplar bloom

Peony

Titmouse

And, if you were wondering, we did go to see the Embers play at Hillsville's summer concert series, checked out the cars in the cruise in and talked with some artists at the Carter Home's Art Festival. Chris took some pictures for The Gazette.

0 comments:

Post a Comment