Thursday, October 7, 2010

Autumn Leaves Festival

Just learned the Autumn Leaves Festival is Oct. 8-10 in Mount Airy, N.C.

What's really cool, is PART, the regional bus system for the Piedmont Triad, is offering a special bus service from Winston this weekend! I hope Triad residents take advantage of the service and visit the festival.

I use this bus system during the week and it's worth it. It saves money on gas and the wear and tear of your car. It's also a relief from stress because you don't have to do all the driving! Here's the bus schedule (PDF).

The festival features bluegrass, old time and gospel music; food; and arts and crafts.

2 comments:

  1. I used to go to this when I worked in MA. Great craft booths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ChelseyHi, Chelsey! I've never been. Probably because when I first moved to the area I always had to cover the Grayson Highlands Fall Festival (which is Sunday) and/or the Independence Mountain Foliage Festival (which is today and Saturday). So, I never had the opportunity or time to go!

    ReplyDelete