Thursday, January 13, 2011

Where to shop: Making Ends Meet

While in Shelbyville, Ky., I took the opportunity to visit Making Ends Meet, a store that carries home decor fabrics, trims, gift items and more. I'm not really into making home decor items, but I love walking around any fabric store and checking out the fabric colors and textures and notions.

And the employees didn't seem to care. They welcomed me warmly and allowed me to wander around and feel fabric to my heart's content!

Making Ends Meet is located in an adorable house on Washington Street, Shelbyville, Ky.
If I were to make a whole bunch of pillows and draperies or was in need of fabulous trims, this is the place I'd want to go. And, dude, they have an online store!

I found the store using the visitor center's shopping directory posted in the center's yard. Shops are listed by category and a map shows you what street and building to find them. Very helpful!


Here are some photos I shot inside Making Ends Meet:

I love the colors!

This would make excellent curtains, for windows or the shower.

I love the embroidery on these draperies.

The store has trims galore. I bet you'd never have trouble finding a trim to match your project here.
Across the street was a store called Needle Nest, a cross-stitching and needle point store that also offers framing. I didn't go inside, but I wanted to let you know about it.



So, if you find yourself in the Shelbyville area, stop by and check out the shops!

0 comments:

Post a Comment